Décor Refresh: Popular summer colour palettes to use in your interior design projects
Summer is here and there‘s no better time to give your home‘s décor a seasonal refresh. We‘re looking at the popular summer colour palettes that you should be featuring in your design projects.
When it comes to choosing how you decorate your home for summer, one trend that we see year after year is the addition of fresh, bright colours that uplift the mood and add a vibrant energy to your space. However, choosing a colour palette for your interior design projects that refreshes your space whilst still matching your own personal taste can be a challenge, especially with so many bright and beautiful summer-inspired colours out there to choose from. To help you find the perfect summer colour palette for your interior, we‘re looking at the colours that made waves in Europe and America during their summer season and how you can incorporate them into your décor.
These trendy colours are refreshingly bold and vibrant, which makes them the perfect choice for adding a pop of summer-inspired colour into your home. These colours are great for accent walls, scatter cushions, throws, art and other feature pieces in your home‘s décor.
- Classic Blue – Pantone‘s colour of the year, Classic Blue has predictably taken the world by storm thanks to its deep and beautifully bold blue colour. Classic Blue would make a fantastic accent colour and will add a much-needed touch of cool and calm to your home‘s interior to combat the summer heat.
- Flame Scarlet – this vibrant red is an undeniably eye-catching and dynamic colour and incorporating it into your décor is an excellent way to bring some of that summer energy inside.
- Grape Compote – a rich purple colour, Grape Compote brings a slightly cooler feel to your space and will add a touch of mystery.
- Orange Peel – nothing says summer quite like a refreshing orange and Orange Peel is exactly that. A playful colour that is bursting with energy and vitality and oozes summer appeal, Orange Peel will uplift any space it is featured in.
Earthy tones never seem to go out of style thanks to their versatility and connection to nature. These trendy colours pay homage to nature, taking inspiration from the Earth and adding a touch of warmth and vitality to your home‘s décor.
- Chive – a wonderfully restorative yet muted green, Chive is full of earthy appeal and will bring a touch of the outdoors into your home‘s décor.
- Cinnamon Stick – described as being both sweet and spicy, Cinnamon Stick is a rich colour that hovers somewhere between burnt orange and red. Full of warmth, this earthy tone is reminiscent of a summer sunset, making it the perfect addition to your summer colour palette.
- Saffron – another colour that gets its name from a spice, Saffron is a vibrant yet earthy yellow similar to mustard. This rich and warm colour is bound to be an eye-catching feature in any home, making it the perfect colour to incorporate into your summer décor refresh.
These trendy pastels are perfect for the summer months thanks to their light and airy appeal. They can be incorporated into all facets of your home‘s interior, from paint to linen, kitchenware and even furniture.
- Sunlight – this light yellow is a lovely and soft colour that is bound to create a pleasant and cheerful feeling in whatever space it is featured. Particularly light and airy, Sunlight is the perfect colour to include in your décor to offset those hot summer days in your home.
- Biscay Green – a refreshing aqua shade reminiscent of the tropical sea, Biscay Green will bring an undeniably cool and invigorating feel to your home‘s interior that will no doubt have you dreaming about the beach. Whether you prefer it brighter or in a more muted hue, Biscay Green will add a cooler, airier feel to your interior that will keep the summer heat at bay.
- Coral Pink – a lighter version of last year‘s Pantone colour of the year, Coral Pink is a warm and appealing colour that will make the perfect addition to your summer colour palette. Easy on the eye and easy to work with, Coral Pink is a great way to add some floral-esque colour to your home‘s interior.
Your summer colour palette should be all about introducing vibrant and bright colours to your décor that take your home‘s interior to the next level while simultaneously complementing the season. After all, what better time than summer to introduce cheerful pastels, bold statement colours and rich, earthy hues to your décor to improve the atmosphere of your home.